The Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia, being the National Designated Authority of the Green Climate Fund (NDA GCF), invites licensed banks and non-banking financial institutions in the Republic of Armenia to join the project as the Implementing Partner within the framework of up to $700 thousand grant project. The project envisages to back the application of green financial instruments in Armenia. Particularly, the following activities are said to be implemented within the grant project scopes:
1. Monitoring of the current situation and survey of international best practices,
2. Assessment of the regulatory framework and, based on international best practice, drafting a package of recommendations;
3. Development of methodological guides, dissemination and capacity building for stakeholders of financial-banking system (including non-banking financial institutions),
4. Identification of investment projects for climate change mitigation and adaptation as a result of interested discussions with the private sector,
5. Development of a comprehensive green financial roadmap due to the measures referred in points 1 to 4.
Description of Implementing Partner:
The implement the above mentioned measures, the Ministry of Environment envisages to select a partner from licensed banks and non-banking financial institutions in the Republic of Armenia. Interested organizations must submit a letter of interest to the Ministry of Environment (email@example.com) by August 17, which should contain information on previous green projects, methodological approaches to the project organization, and CVs of the staff responsible for the organization (with a detailed description of their experience in green finance).
Selection of Implementing Partner:
The Ministry of Environment will notify about the selection of the Implementing Partner by August 31, 2019.
of the Ministry
Environmental Protection and Mining Inspection Body was defined as a subordinate body to the Government by the RA law on “State administration system bodies” adopted on March 23, 2018, thus citizens may send their calls and applications to the Head of the Inspection Body (Address: 46 Charenc, Yerevan, tel. 011-81-85-92).